Senior Data Engineer (English)
Our data engineer has a strong focus on creating value and impact for our external customers on their business with data. This value can range from customer knowledge, business performance to predictive maintenance, and is depended on the need of the customer. All our project focus firstly on understanding the business of the customer and translating this into possible data management solutions. As a data engineer your focus will be on programming, modelling and configuring data streams in order to create these new insights. The impact of your work makes a big difference.
What do you do as a Data Engineer.
As a data engineer you have a strong focus on the data platform (Hadoop, Datameer) and on large datasets (Python, Spark, R). Using your skillset you will transform raw data into clean data to deliver new insights. Together with our data scientists, data engineers and consultants you will form a project team to deliver a high level of expertise for our customers. We mainly work with platforms like Python, Spark, R and Hadoop. Therefore excellent knowledge and experience on this range of features is required.
You are working on several projects, variating from development of use cases in presales, proof of concepts, data analytics and data science projects and projects in which you will be building platforms for data driven departments and organizations.
- You love the challenge of complex puzzles in data.
- You like programming in Python, R, scala etc within a expert team
- You have extensive knowledge on engineering a Data platform and combining data streams
- Programming, data engineering and data science is your core interest.
- Your value is about making data models and gaining insights.
Must haves for this job:
- Relevant experience as a Data Engineer or Data Scientist;
- An IT related degree preferably Data/computer Science related;
- Extensive knowledge in programming with Python, R and Spark;
- Experience with SQL/NOSQL;
- You are in possession of a EU green card including a work permit for the Netherlands.
What is our offer?
We offer a competitive salary and good secondary working conditions. We offer training on technical skillsets, IT processes and personal development. We offer a good balance between work and private life.
About KPN Consulting
KPN Consulting is the IT Consultancy company of KPN. As guide in the new world we bound the possibility’s of IT with people, goals en ambition of organizations. So that we can be successful today and tomorrow. We help companies and local governments gain maximum advantage out of IT.
We see our people as more than just and employee and invest in them. KPN Consulting sets its goals to be the most attractive company for driven professionals.
Want to know more or reply for this job?
You can send your resume and a short motivation via the link below. For more information you can contact Sjoerd Pilon, corporate recruiter, via (06) 51 09 56 84
Keywords: #Big Data #datamanagement #Hadoop #SQL #NOSQL #Phyton #Ranger #Knox #R #Kafka #Nifi #Spark #Hortonworks #data architect #Data Engineer #data scientist #datasets #BI #Business intelligence</p