- Locatie: Den Haag Maanplein
- Vakgebied: Data & Analytics
- Sluit: 30-09-2018
- Opleiding: HBO, WO
- Ref. 3512
Your job as an allround BI DWH Engineer
Within KPN there is a big amount of data available. The area of focus of the “BI Operation Steering” teams is transforming raw data into valuable insights. This transformation is done in the core parts of the Enterprise Data warehouse of KPN whereby these insights are related to the operational processes of KPN. Meanwhile we’re dealing with the rapidly growing amount of data and we would like to create as much value out of this as we possibly can. Much of what the team creates is directly used to improve customer experiences as these insights give colleagues the right information to be able to properly adjust KPN’s processes. Team X has enormous amount of knowledge and experience in Business Intelligence which now will be utilized to provide insights of data for analytical and discovery purposes. The team of 5 product engineers are working closely together with a similar team to build and integrate new data flows on the KPN Enterprise Data Warehouse while at the same time rationalize the legacy systems.
Part of the job is development within the KPN’s Enterprise Data warehouse, another part is modeling, yet another is collaboration with stakeholders and the environment. We are a multi-disciplinary team in which everyone fulfills multiple roles. Nobody works as only a developer or only as any other role. Although we’re using several open-source and in-house build tools which should be mastered, it is far more important to have a data mindset, a love for data, curiosity and strong analytical capabilities. We’re working in scrums teams which are not only doing scrum, we are living and breathing the agile mindset. We dare to be vulnerable and open to each other, we value harmony while also giving honest feedback with a mindset to help each other grow. If you are a soloist and like to primarily work on your own, this job is not for you. A large part of our success is the open and safe atmosphere and can-do mentality to incrementally and sprint by sprint improve on our product as well as on our way of working and organizing. Our BI environment is a knowledge pool, as we have a lot of senior team members onboard that share their knowledge. Therefore, you don’t only deliver results, you also contribute to a better, more effective and more fun organization in which you will deliver products together with your team. We’re here because we love what we do.
What do we expect from you?
- 3-10 years’ experience as Business Intelligence / Data warehouse environment
- Proven experience as BI engineer or analyst with passion for data
- Multiple years of modelling experience within the BI field, like dimensional modelling, data vault, data marts,
- Programming and scripting skills in order to contribute to automation in our application landscape
- Experience working with Agile, Scrum or eager to learn Agile Way of Working.
- Knowledge of Python is an asset
- Good communication skills English, Dutch is an asset
- Strong team player with entrepreneurial mindset
- Never settle and open to experiment in the way of working
- DevOps modus: you build it, you own it.
- You must have EU passport, or just Dutch :)
What do we offer?
- Working in an inspiring innovation department of KPN where you can work 100% SCRUM with more than 10 teams
- Permanent contract, starting with 1-year contract and intention for an permanent contract
- 37-hour week, a bonus of 12.5% of your gross monthly salary (CAO budget), travel allowance, mobile phone and laptop, 50% discount on KPN's products and services, excellent pension scheme.
- Excellent development and training opportunities (KPN Academy) plus a personal training budget of € 1000. In fact, we expect from you that you can continue to develop!
Who are we?
Technium BI is the department within Simplification & Innovation unit (S&I) where all innovation for KPN BI happens. The ambition of Technium is make KPN a simplified company, ready for the digital world. The department BI plays a key role in this. We reach this goal through innovating from client needs, keeping things very simple and delivering on a short cycle basis (via Agile/SCRUM). For KPN and KPN customers we create insights to be able to make correct decisions For example Campaigning, Next Best Actions and Portfolio management.
We are looking forward to your application. For more information about this job or procedure, you can contact Wouter Koeleman, KPN Technium Recruitment, via email: email@example.com